Baseball season is right around the corner and many of us will be gathering around the TV watching out favorite team hit diggers over the center field wall. Here is an amazing soup that will get your family and friends in the spirit of the game.
When we think of baseball we think burgers on the grill, but what if we look beyond the hand held version and create an amazing soup that can cook all day in the slow cooker? This recipe is a simple set and forget dish that not only will keep your house smelling amazing all day, but will be ready by game time.
I love making this soup for people who are on the fence when it comes to eating wild game. The flavors of this soup elevate the nature flavor of your wild harvest.
<img class="aligncenter wp-image-325" src="https://i1.wp.com/blog.rockyboots.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/iyguygb.png?resize=513%2C513" alt="iyguygb" srcset="https://i1.wp.com/blog.rockyboots.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/iyguygb.png?w=720 720w, https://i1.wp.com/blog.rockyboots.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/iyguygb.png?resize=150%2C150 150w, https://i1.wp.com/blog.rockyboots.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/iyguygb.png?resize=300%2C300 300w, https://i1.wp.com/blog.rockyboots.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/iyguygb.png?resize=128%2C128 128w, https://i1.wp.com/blog.rockyboots.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/iyguygb.png?resize=32%2C32 32w, https://i1.wp acheter viagra internet.com/blog.rockyboots.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/iyguygb.png?resize=508%2C508 508w” sizes=”(max-width: 513px) 100vw, 513px” data-recalc-dims=”1″ />
Venison & Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
From Field To Plate http://fromfieldtoplate.com/
1-2 pounds ground Venison (Or any game meat)
4-6 cups stock (chicken, beef, homemade wild game)
5-6 medium potatoes, cubed
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 tablespoon cracked pepper
½ teaspoon sea salt
5 cloves of garlic minced
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon dried parsley
½ cup flour
2 cups milk
1 pound of bacon
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz cream cheese, cubed and softened
- Start out by browning your meat with ¼ cup of onions, 2 cloves of minced garlic 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and ¼ tablespoon of cracked pepper (You do not need to brown your meat beforehand. I choose to because I like building flavor and depth. If you choose not to brown your meat skip this step and move on to step two.)
- Take the bacon and cook it up. Chop it up into small pieces. Take half and reserve it for later. The other half add to the slow cooker.
- In slow cooker add the following ingredients; Ground meat, onions, garlic, pepper, salt, Worcestershire, stock, cream cheese, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes and parsley. Mix all ingredients and set your slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours of high for 6-8 hours.
- With an hour left in cooking time whisk together flour and milk add to slow cooker along with 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Cook 1 more hour or until you’re ready to eat
- Now let’s plate this dish. I love to add homemade onion rings, cheese, green onions and bacon to the top of my family’s bowls. My daughters love adding sour cream and avocado.
- Eat and Enjoy!